image description


There are two types of economic damage claims for vendors:

Individual Periodic Vendor (“IPV”) Claim
An IPV is a person claiming economic loss during a period May through December 2010 who satisfies the following criteria, as well as any other criteria that may pertain to your specific claim:

  • Regularly sold at retail during 2009 and 2010 any of a number of food, souvenir, art, tourist-related, or water-related goods or services listed in the settlement
  • Made these sales primarily to non-local customers, except that water-related sales aren’t required to be to non-local customers
  • Did not maintain a permanent business location in a brick-and-mortar building
  • Held any licenses required by law
  • Was not employed by an employer that you were selling these items for

Festival Vendor Economic Claim
A “Festival Vendor” is another category covered under the BP Oil Spill settlement agreement. To be considered an eligible festival vendor, an individual must claim an economic loss for a period in May through December 2010 who satisfies all of the follow criteria, plus any other criteria that may be specific to your claim:

  • Regularly made Festival Sales prior to April 20, 2010
  • Held any and all required licenses or permits required by law
  • Was not employed by someone else to make these sales
  • Claims a loss of revenue and earnings related to a festival in which the festival vendor participated or would have participated absent the spill

A “Canceled Festival” is a festival that occurred at any time from May through December 2009 and was originally scheduled to occur at any time between May through December 2010 but was canceled after April 20, 2010 as a result of the spill. Many events along the Gulf Coast could fall under the definition of a festival, such as organized street festivals, tournaments or major sporting events, outdoor art exhibitions, carnivals or other similar events.